What we have learned from HIV can guide responses to COVID-19 that are innovative, effective and inclusive, and can help end the pandemic faster The following is a guest post by Stacey Hannah of AVAC In biomedical research, there is a “before HIV” era, and the world we live in now. Before HIV, most responses […]More »
COVID-19: Role of superinfections in novel coronavirus deaths highlights urgent need for sustainable development of new antibiotics
The following is a guest post by Cornelius (Neil) J. Clancy, M.D. To date, there are limited data on superinfections associated with COVID-19, the pandemic disease caused by the novel coronavirus SAR-CoV-2. A handful of published reports, however, largely from China, suggest that bacterial and fungal superinfections may occur in a significant percentage of patients […]More »
The following is a guest post by Daniel Lucey, M.D. MPH, FIDSA, FACP Dr. Daniel Lucey, who has responded to, and monitored information on outbreaks since 2001, has provided a series of updates and analysis on what is now the COVID-19 pandemic in Science Speaks posts since Jan. 6, first published Jan. 7. This is […]More »
COVID-19: A pandemic spells out needs for infectious diseases, global health security investments and leadership
The following is a guest post by Dr. Bertha Serwa Ayi It is 10 pm Eastern Standard Time, and an exhausted 79-year old man, who has managed to keep the façade of a 50-year-old man, with a sterling infectious disease career is on CNN fielding questions from a world thirsty for knowledge. The public and […]More »
COVID-19: A Los Angeles-based physician discusses challenges now, and ahead
COVID-19 is a pandemic, WHO says
CROI 2020: COVID-19 session explores how we got here, and where we're going
COVID-19: On initial autopsies and lung transplants
COVID 19: Worsening PPE shortages threaten responses to outbreaks, WHO warns
Live Blog Archive
- 48th Union World Conference on Lung Health
- 9th International AIDS Society Conference on HIV Science
- 2017 Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Seattle
- 65th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, Atlanta
- 47th Union World Conference on Lung Health, Liverpool, England
- IDWeek Meeting, New Orleans
- HIV Research for Prevention Conference, Chicago
- International AIDS Conference, Durban, South Africa
- United Nations High Level Meeting on HIV/AIDS, New York
- 23rd Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Boston
- 46th Union World Conference on Lung Health, Capetown, South Africa
- IDWeek Meeting, San Diego
- International AIDS Conference, Vancouver, Canada
- 22nd Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Seattle
- 45th Union World Conference on Lung Health, Barcelona, Spain
- HIV Research for Prevention Conference, Cape Town, South Africa
- IDWeek 2014, Philadelphia
- 20th International AIDS Conference, Melbourne, Australia
- 21st Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Boston
- AIDS Vaccine Conference 2013, Barcelona
- IDWeek 2013, San Francisco
- 20th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections
- IDWeek 2012
- 19th Annual International AIDS Conference held in Washington, DC.
- 2nd International Treatment as Prevention Workshop, Vancouver
- The 19th annual Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Seattle.
- The 60th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene.
- The 42nd Union World Conference on Lung Health, Lille, France.
- The Infectious Diseases Society of America's 49th Annual Meeting.
- The 6th International AIDS Society Conference on HIV Pathogenesis, Treatment and Prevention, Rome.
- Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Boston.
- 41st Union World Conference on Lung Health, Berlin, Germany.
- IDSA Annual Meeting, Vancouver
- The 18th International AIDS Conference, Vienna.
- Center for Global Health Policy and GHC Briefing on HIV/TB Coinfection, Washington, DC
- Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, San Francisco
- Consortium of Universities for Global Health Annual Meeting, Washington D.C.
- 2009 International AIDS Conference, Cape Town
- Pacific Health Summit, Seattle, Washington.
- HIV/AIDS Implementers Conference, Windhoek, Namibia.
Click above for a video on our Congressional study tour to Africa, and click here to read more.
COVID-19: In Amb. Birx, the White House gets a scientist, physician, public health expert and global health realist as response coordinator
If the criteria for the selection announced Wednesday night of Vice President Mike Pence to lead the U.S. efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19 seemed […]
As a New Pandemic Spreads, World TB Day Reminds us of Unfinished Business – Efforts to fight the latest global health threat can come at the […]
This year marks the close of a dynamic decade in global infectious disease research and responses that changed expectations of what humanity can accomplish toward making […]
COVID-19: Groups urge Congress to provide emergency funding needed for domestic, global coronavirus responses
A coalition of medical, health care, health policy and other groups are calling on the United States Congress to swiftly and meaningfully fund emergency multifaceted domestic […]