With pregnant women facing higher chances of acquiring HIV and greater dangers of life-threatening complications as a result of HIV, in addition to risks of passing the virus to their children, some of the most ambitious and promising developments in HIV prevention will be those that allow women to protect themselves both from the virus and from unplanned pregnancies, researchers at the HPTN annual meeting said. More »
Guns, apartheid, recycling . . . all part of oral arguments as Supreme Court takes on "anti-prostitution pledge"
With medical research imperiled, thousands gather in D.C. calling for "More progress! More hope! More Life!"
As anti-prostitution pledge heads to Supreme Court, public health leaders file brief against it
TB Week: U.S. Senators, Ambassador visiting Haiti prison see interaction of justice and health
More than a decade of countering disease and disaster in Haiti penitentiary yields results as donors turn attention to prisons
- 19th Annual International AIDS Conference held in Washington, DC.
- 2nd International Treatment as Prevention Workshop, Vancouver
- The 19th annual Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Seattle.
- The 60th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene.
- The Infectious Diseases Society of America's 49th Annual Meeting.
- The 42nd Union World Conference on Lung Health, Lille, France.
- The 6th International AIDS Society Conference on HIV Pathogenesis, Treatment and Prevention, Rome.
- Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Boston.
- 41st Union World Conference on Lung Health, Berlin, Germany.
- IDSA Annual Meeting, Vancouver
- The 18th International AIDS Conference, Vienna.
- Center for Global Health Policy and GHC Briefing on HIV/TB Coinfection, Washington, DC
- Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, San Francisco
- Consortium of Universities for Global Health Annual Meeting, Washington D.C.
- 2009 International AIDS Conference, Cape Town
- HIV/AIDS Implementers Conference, Windhoek, Namibia.
- Pacific Health Summit, Seattle, Washington.
With pregnant women facing higher chances of acquiring HIV and greater dangers of life-threatening complications as a
Research & Development
What would people living with HIV do differently if they knew that they could be infected again, with a new strain, that