The importance and imperative of immediate treatment for all people living with HIV is finally indisputable, but laws, policies, and discriminatory neglect continue to keep testing, care and medicine out of reach for men who have sex with men, transgender people, sex workers, and people who inject drugs worldwide. Pre-exposure prophylactic use of antiretroviral medicine, […]More »
Shaheen amendment reverses bill’s defunding of UNFPA, reinstatement of Global Gag Rule, family planning cuts While the Senate Appropriations Committee voted today to flat-fund most global health programs, including HIV responses, the Committee voted to modestly increase TB funding with $241 million for USAID’s global tuberculosis program — a $5 million increase over current funding. The increase […]More »
A worldwide obstacle course through the first HIV 90, the UN and “a high-level failure,” WHO and a treatment double standard, and vaccine’s limited reach . . . We’re reading about the weakest links in prevention and care
Today is National HIV Testing Day; every day can be — This opinion piece by Dr. Carlos del Rio, a physician who is chairman of the HIV Medicine Association and of the Rollins School of Public Health’s Department of Global Health, comprehensively rounds up current obstacles to the first step to personal and public health that HIV […]More »
With continuing failure to reach Zika funding compromise, and adjournment looming, Congress resets response deadline to mid-July
“Agreement” advanced by House, Senate Republicans fails to garner support Bill with restrictions to contraception access, lifting of environmental protections, hits to domestic health and Ebola control efforts would have faced President’s veto if passed As Senate Democrats had warned a week before, the $1.1 billion Zika funding package crafted by a bicameral committee of […]More »
The Power of One: Anita Datar’s Contributions to the Global AIDS Response
Study: With obstacles to services for men who have sex with men and people who inject drugs, diagnosis is first pitfall to HIV care in India
Fauci: No excuse for HIV treatment wait
Interactive website highlights global gaps, leaders, outliers among national HIV policies
Analysis shows death rate divide for those with and without earlier access to HIV treatment
Live Blog Archive
- 23rd Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Boston
- 46th Union World Conference on Lung Health, Capetown, South Africa
- 21st International AIDS Conference, Vancouver, Canada
- 22nd Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Seattle
- 45th Union World Conference on Lung Health, Barcelona, Spain
- HIV Research for Prevention Conference, Cape Town, South Africa
- IDWeek 2014, Philadelphia
- 20th International AIDS Conference, Melbourne, Australia
- 21st Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Boston
- IDWeek 2013, San Francisco
- AIDS Vaccine Conference 2013, Barcelona
- 20th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections
- IDWeek 2012
- 19th Annual International AIDS Conference held in Washington, DC.
- 2nd International Treatment as Prevention Workshop, Vancouver
- The 19th annual Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Seattle.
- The 60th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene.
- The Infectious Diseases Society of America's 49th Annual Meeting.
- The 42nd Union World Conference on Lung Health, Lille, France.
- The 6th International AIDS Society Conference on HIV Pathogenesis, Treatment and Prevention, Rome.
- Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Boston.
- 41st Union World Conference on Lung Health, Berlin, Germany.
- IDSA Annual Meeting, Vancouver
- The 18th International AIDS Conference, Vienna.
- Center for Global Health Policy and GHC Briefing on HIV/TB Coinfection, Washington, DC
- Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, San Francisco
- Consortium of Universities for Global Health Annual Meeting, Washington D.C.
- 2009 International AIDS Conference, Cape Town
- Pacific Health Summit, Seattle, Washington.
- HIV/AIDS Implementers Conference, Windhoek, Namibia.
Click above for a video on our Congressional study tour to Africa, and click here to read more.
The importance and imperative of immediate treatment for all people living with HIV is finally indisputable, but laws, policies, and discriminatory neglect continue to keep testing, […]
“Test and treat” is the ideal — but in TB and other illnesses, “guess and treat” is the more common reality
Science Speaks staff writer and Global Health Policy Research Coordinator Rabita Aziz attended the McGill University Summer Institute in Infectious Diseases and Global Health June 13-17. MONTREAL […]
Zika pregnancy and infant study to seek information on scope of risks from virus, strategies to meet impacts
And as summer starts in North America, legislators prepare for break . . . //Post updated June 22, 2016 with information on potential environmental factors the […]
Shaheen amendment reverses bill’s defunding of UNFPA, reinstatement of Global Gag Rule, family planning cuts While the Senate Appropriations Committee voted today to flat-fund most global health […]