Speakers: “Homophobia is a Western import, homosexuality is not” “We should also not forget our LGBT friends who are also suffering in Zambia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, The Gambia, Ethiopia, Sudan, South Sudan, and The Congo.” Jane Wothaya, Kenya, Human Rights Campaign, in front of Nigeria Embassy todayMore »
“Before there was PEPFAR or the Global Fund, Dr. Birx was leading the charge in changing this disease,” Sen. Ben Cardin (D-MD) said Thursday, as he introduced his constituent, and President Obama’s nominee to be the next United States global AIDS coordinator to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. “I don’t think I’ve ever introduced a […]More »
CROI 2014: Sugar daddies? Multiple concurrent partnerships? Studies debunk HIV driver theories that drove responses
BOSTON, MASS – It is a truth universally acknowledged that a man with a girlfriend several years or more his junior is one of the drivers of South Africa’s HIV epidemic. Similarly, it is a truth long held self evident that a cultural proclivity for having several sexual relationships going at the same time is […]More »
BOSTON, MASS – Dr. Nelly Mugo from the Kenya Medical Research Institute in Nairobi was able to summarize the use of antiretroviral drugs to prevent HIV acquisition — pre-exposure prophylaxis, or PrEP — in resource limited settings quickly this week. That is because, after a series of clinical trials demonstrating the effectiveness of that prevention […]More »
Dr. Deborah Birx: Fighting AIDS with research and treatment changed landscapes of care, prevention, colleagues say
PrEP should be looked at as "critical component" to address HIV among men who have sex with men, review concludes
The Year in Global Health: Top 10 stories in HIV, TB around the world
How does PEPFAR do it? 2013 AID Transparency Index says it's hard to tell
Short staffed Durban clinic raises question: What is the cost of waiting?
Live Blog Archive
- 20th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections
- IDWeek 2012
- 19th Annual International AIDS Conference held in Washington, DC.
- 2nd International Treatment as Prevention Workshop, Vancouver
- The 19th annual Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Seattle.
- The 60th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene.
- The 42nd Union World Conference on Lung Health, Lille, France.
- The Infectious Diseases Society of America's 49th Annual Meeting.
- The 6th International AIDS Society Conference on HIV Pathogenesis, Treatment and Prevention, Rome.
- Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Boston.
- 41st Union World Conference on Lung Health, Berlin, Germany.
- IDSA Annual Meeting, Vancouver
- The 18th International AIDS Conference, Vienna.
- Center for Global Health Policy and GHC Briefing on HIV/TB Coinfection, Washington, DC
- Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, San Francisco
- Consortium of Universities for Global Health Annual Meeting, Washington D.C.
- 2009 International AIDS Conference, Cape Town
- Pacific Health Summit, Seattle, Washington.
- HIV/AIDS Implementers Conference, Windhoek, Namibia.
Click above for a video on our Congressional study tour to Africa, and click here to read more.
A U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Releations hearing on the nomination of Dr. Deborah Birx to be the next Ambassador at Large and U.S. Global AIDS […]
Integrated TB and HIV treatment adds up to increased survival, improved efficiencies, and new funding focus
Around much of the world where rates of HIV-tuberculosis co-infection are highest, one of the challenges killing patients has been the wait to discover if their […]
WHO’s PQP: How affordable antiretroviral and other treatments owe much to “little known part of WHO” reliant on two funders
In 1999, a small South Africa study revealed disturbing news about a medicine used in first line directly observed therapy for tuberculosis: it contained the right […]
“Before there was PEPFAR or the Global Fund, Dr. Birx was leading the charge in changing this disease,” Sen. Ben Cardin (D-MD) said Thursday, as he […]