In injections or implants, technology that eliminates daily pill taking, and with it “pill fatigue,” stigma, and other barriers to adherence, has already proven its value, and is on the horizon for HIV SEATTLE – Surveys indicate that the majority of people living with HIV would be happier with a monthly injection than a daily pill. At […]More »
An “ultra”-sensitive test, and a proactive use of prednisone show promise, require monitoring SEATTLE – In the halting progress against tuberculosis in people living with HIV, advances in both diagnosis and effective treatment have come with gaps and caveats, highlighted, and then answered with research presented last week in sessions and press conferences dedicated to […]More »
SEATTLE – They are curious, impulsive and renownedly reckless. Studies have indicated they remain blissfully unaware of their risks, and unequipped to face them. Now, their numbers are growing fastest in countries that are home to great risks — where rates of HIV infection are among the world’s highest and where current approaches to testing and treatment already […]More »
CROI 2017: Added support, speed and communication improve HIV service linkage and retention in Mozambique and South Africa
SEATTLE – Providing immune cell testing and HIV treatment counseling immediately after a positive HIV test was the first in a series of measures that increased rapid linkage to care and retention at ten clinic sites in Mozambique, data presented here Thursday showed. Measures in a randomized trial of interventions in Maputo and Inhambane Province also […]More »
Global Health Security Agenda measures early advances toward readiness to contain outbreaks
Raise profile, funding of global TB response to match advances seen in HIV, Malaria efforts report says
WHO issues guidelines for HIV self-testing, partner notification
Can big data fill gaps in epidemic awareness, responses? Researchers say yes, with caveats
47th Union World Conference on Lung Health: WHO preconference meeting sizes up the challenges, imagines a world without TB
Live Blog Archive
- 65th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, Atlanta
- 47th Union World Conference on Lung Health, Liverpool, England
- HIV Research for Prevention Conference, Chicago
- IDWeek Meeting, New Orleans
- International AIDS Conference, Durban, South Africa
- United Nations High Level Meeting on HIV/AIDS, New York
- 23rd Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Boston
- 46th Union World Conference on Lung Health, Capetown, South Africa
- IDWeek Meeting, San Diego
- International AIDS Conference, Vancouver, Canada
- 22nd Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Seattle
- IDWeek 2014, Philadelphia
- HIV Research for Prevention Conference, Cape Town, South Africa
- 45th Union World Conference on Lung Health, Barcelona, Spain
- 20th International AIDS Conference, Melbourne, Australia
- 21st Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Boston
- AIDS Vaccine Conference 2013, Barcelona
- IDWeek 2013, San Francisco
- 20th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections
- IDWeek 2012
- 19th Annual International AIDS Conference held in Washington, DC.
- 2nd International Treatment as Prevention Workshop, Vancouver
- The 19th annual Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Seattle.
- The 60th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene.
- The 42nd Union World Conference on Lung Health, Lille, France.
- The Infectious Diseases Society of America's 49th Annual Meeting.
- The 6th International AIDS Society Conference on HIV Pathogenesis, Treatment and Prevention, Rome.
- Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Boston.
- 41st Union World Conference on Lung Health, Berlin, Germany.
- IDSA Annual Meeting, Vancouver
- The 18th International AIDS Conference, Vienna.
- Center for Global Health Policy and GHC Briefing on HIV/TB Coinfection, Washington, DC
- Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, San Francisco
- Consortium of Universities for Global Health Annual Meeting, Washington D.C.
- 2009 International AIDS Conference, Cape Town
- HIV/AIDS Implementers Conference, Windhoek, Namibia.
- Pacific Health Summit, Seattle, Washington.
- Live coverage of the 2017 Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections
Click above for a video on our Congressional study tour to Africa, and click here to read more.
Rural Cameroon study indicates need to double HIV treatment success, monitor outcomes in west, central Africa to control epidemic
Researchers cite critical need for stronger capacities in remote areas to find treatment resistance, failure The numbers of people who are receiving antiretroviral treatment HIV in remote […]
The following is a guest post by Emily Demotte Lisinopril 20 mg by mouth at eight AM? Check. Having already verified the patient’s identification, I scanned […]
Last June, a Perspective piece in the New England Journal of Medicine noted the critical place that the World Health Organization’s list of Essential Medicines had […]
Trump administration should be ready for global infectious disease outbreaks from day one, panel says
No matter how hard the Trump administration will try to focus solely on domestic issues to “make America great again,” Bill Steiger said last week at […]