Wuhan Coronavirus Map – Tracking the spread of an outbreak – The New York Times is updating this quick, comprehensive source faster than the CDC is updating its site with numbers of cases confirmed in a growing number of countries. Clinical features of patients infected with 2019 novel coronavirus in Wuhan, China – The basis for […]More »
Dr. Daniel Lucey, who has responded to, and monitored information on outbreaks since 2001, has provided a series of updates and analysis on the outbreak, now an epidemic of 2019-nCoV, the novel coronavirus identified in Wuhan China, since Jan. 7. An Evidence-based Hypothesis that the Epidemic began in November 2019 or earlier and at a […]More »
A Chicago woman who traveled to Wuhan, China in December and returned to the United States Jan. 13 is the second person confirmed to have the novel coronavirus — 2019-nCoV — identified in the central China city, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention officials reported today. The woman did not experience symptoms of illness […]More »
Name for virus yet to come: “2019-nCoV a good name for time being” Still divided after a second day spent weighing evidence of the potential global threat posed by the coronavirus discovered in Wuhan, China last month, the emergency committee convened by WHO today declined to declare the spread of the virus a Public Health […]More »
50th Union World Conference on Lung Health: Socioeconomic support improves TB prevention
What we're reading: Harm in immigrant detention facilities and what needs to happen when children die in U.S. custody
IDWeek: Ending HIV as an epidemic will demand innovation, inclusion, an expanded workforce -- and funding
A "Big IDea" takes infectious disease education and advocacy to Washington
Treatment rationing, other structural barriers stand in the way of stopping spread of hepatitis C among people living with HIV, study finds
Live Blog Archive
- 48th Union World Conference on Lung Health
- 9th International AIDS Society Conference on HIV Science
- 2017 Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Seattle
- 65th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, Atlanta
- 47th Union World Conference on Lung Health, Liverpool, England
- IDWeek Meeting, New Orleans
- HIV Research for Prevention Conference, Chicago
- International AIDS Conference, Durban, South Africa
- United Nations High Level Meeting on HIV/AIDS, New York
- 23rd Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Boston
- 46th Union World Conference on Lung Health, Capetown, South Africa
- IDWeek Meeting, San Diego
- International AIDS Conference, Vancouver, Canada
- 22nd Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Seattle
- 45th Union World Conference on Lung Health, Barcelona, Spain
- HIV Research for Prevention Conference, Cape Town, South Africa
- IDWeek 2014, Philadelphia
- 20th International AIDS Conference, Melbourne, Australia
- 21st Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Boston
- AIDS Vaccine Conference 2013, Barcelona
- IDWeek 2013, San Francisco
- 20th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections
- IDWeek 2012
- 19th Annual International AIDS Conference held in Washington, DC.
- 2nd International Treatment as Prevention Workshop, Vancouver
- The 19th annual Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Seattle.
- The 60th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene.
- The 42nd Union World Conference on Lung Health, Lille, France.
- The Infectious Diseases Society of America's 49th Annual Meeting.
- The 6th International AIDS Society Conference on HIV Pathogenesis, Treatment and Prevention, Rome.
- Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Boston.
- 41st Union World Conference on Lung Health, Berlin, Germany.
- IDSA Annual Meeting, Vancouver
- The 18th International AIDS Conference, Vienna.
- Center for Global Health Policy and GHC Briefing on HIV/TB Coinfection, Washington, DC
- Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, San Francisco
- Consortium of Universities for Global Health Annual Meeting, Washington D.C.
- 2009 International AIDS Conference, Cape Town
- Pacific Health Summit, Seattle, Washington.
- HIV/AIDS Implementers Conference, Windhoek, Namibia.
Click above for a video on our Congressional study tour to Africa, and click here to read more.
U.S. drug costs lead to lapsed treatment adherence, less viral suppression, more ER, hospital visits for people with HIV, study finds
From 2016 to 2017, 14% of people living with HIV in the United States did something to save money on the out-of-pocket costs of their prescription […]
Combatting MDR TB: Year three – Released four years ago, the federal National Action Plan for Combating Multidrug-Resistant Tuberculosis raised hopes that targets and strategies would […]
This year marks the close of a dynamic decade in global infectious disease research and responses that changed expectations of what humanity can accomplish toward making […]
Wuhan City in the Hubei Province of the People’s Republic of China is on the Yangtze River and is the most populous city in central China. […]