By Daniel Lucey MD, MPH, FIDSA Today, more somber statistics on the pandemic posted on the U.S. Centers Disease Control COVID-19 website: Since the previous day, 54,357 new cases of SARS-CoV-2 infection were documented (of the total 2,679, 230 US cases in 2020, accordingly to the CDC). Not surprisingly, as the number of hospitalizations is […]More »
COVID-19: COVID: Eight questions for the WHO team going to China next week to investigate pandemic origins
By Daniel R. Lucey M.D., MPH, FIDSA Today the South China Morning Post reported that on Monday the World Health Organization Director General Tedros Adhanom Gehbreysus stated “We can fight the virus better when we know everything about the virus, including how it started . . .We will be sending a team next week to […]More »
By Daniel R. Lucey M.D., MPH, FIDSA Today China approved a Covid-19 vaccine, for use only by its military. Importantly, however, this approval occurred despite the vaccine not having undergone a phase III efficacy study. As reported by Josephine Ma in the South China Morning Post, this vaccine was developed by the company CanSino Biologics […]More »
By Daniel R. Lucey M.D., MPH, FIDSA In a growing series of events in Beijing over the past 48 hours a new outbreak has been reported with an epidemiological link to the largest food market, called “Xinfadi”, in the city. The main China Center for Disease Control in Beijing, and the overarching China National Health […]More »
COVID 19: Over five days, gatherings at one church led to at least 61 infections, four deaths
COVID-19 Chameleon: Has Kawasaki syndrome been linked to a viral illness all this while?
COVID-19: The virus arrives in war-torn Yemen where health care is challenged and hand-washing is hard to achieve
COVID-19: In Maryland and across America, disparate outcomes show impacts of inequities
COVID-19: Rembrandt’s Belshazzar’s Feast in a time of chiaroscuro 2020
Live Blog Archive
- 48th Union World Conference on Lung Health
- 9th International AIDS Society Conference on HIV Science
- 2017 Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Seattle
- 65th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, Atlanta
- 47th Union World Conference on Lung Health, Liverpool, England
- IDWeek Meeting, New Orleans
- HIV Research for Prevention Conference, Chicago
- International AIDS Conference, Durban, South Africa
- United Nations High Level Meeting on HIV/AIDS, New York
- 23rd Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Boston
- 46th Union World Conference on Lung Health, Capetown, South Africa
- IDWeek Meeting, San Diego
- International AIDS Conference, Vancouver, Canada
- 22nd Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Seattle
- 45th Union World Conference on Lung Health, Barcelona, Spain
- HIV Research for Prevention Conference, Cape Town, South Africa
- IDWeek 2014, Philadelphia
- 20th International AIDS Conference, Melbourne, Australia
- 21st Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Boston
- AIDS Vaccine Conference 2013, Barcelona
- IDWeek 2013, San Francisco
- 20th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections
- IDWeek 2012
- 19th Annual International AIDS Conference held in Washington, DC.
- 2nd International Treatment as Prevention Workshop, Vancouver
- The 19th annual Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Seattle.
- The 60th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene.
- The 42nd Union World Conference on Lung Health, Lille, France.
- The Infectious Diseases Society of America's 49th Annual Meeting.
- The 6th International AIDS Society Conference on HIV Pathogenesis, Treatment and Prevention, Rome.
- Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Boston.
- 41st Union World Conference on Lung Health, Berlin, Germany.
- IDSA Annual Meeting, Vancouver
- The 18th International AIDS Conference, Vienna.
- Center for Global Health Policy and GHC Briefing on HIV/TB Coinfection, Washington, DC
- Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, San Francisco
- Consortium of Universities for Global Health Annual Meeting, Washington D.C.
- 2009 International AIDS Conference, Cape Town
- Pacific Health Summit, Seattle, Washington.
- HIV/AIDS Implementers Conference, Windhoek, Namibia.
Click above for a video on our Congressional study tour to Africa, and click here to read more.
Amid unprecedented challenges to routine healthcare access, trial results mark a first for a critically needed HIV prevention measure An investigational drug administered by injection every […]
In the six weeks before South Africa responded its first diagnoses of COVID-19 with the start of physical distancing measures, more than 47,000 people on average […]
What we have learned from HIV can guide responses to COVID-19 that are innovative, effective and inclusive, and can help end the pandemic faster The following […]
The following is a guest post by Kenneth G. Castro, MD, FIDSA Since its formation in 1948, WHO has relied heavily on the U.S. for collaborations […]