GENEVA – The countries least responsible for climate change are paying the highest price in health impacts, a delegate from Barbados was the first to note here on Thursday. That point was repeated by representatives from more countries in deliberations toward the draft World Health Organization global strategy on health, environment and climate change that […]More »
GENEVA – While international agencies identify violence and community mistrust as the main reasons the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo remains uncontrolled, here DRC Minister of Health Dr. Oly Ilunga Kalenga identified gaps in communication, data and planning as additional weaknesses preventing effective responses. “We need to emerge from silos,” he […]More »
GENEVA – Jonathan was a 27-year-old healthy newlywed when he broke his leg in a skiing accident. Surgery on his leg was followed by bad pain, swelling, and redness. He had a bloodstream infection. Within four days, the infection spread to his brain. His laboratory test results indicated that the bacteria causing his infection were […]More »
GENEVA – Expert panelists from the World Health Organization, United States, other nations and civil society agreed in a discussion here today that misinformation, easily spread through social media, continues to cause significant confusion among parents about the safety and benefits of vaccines. At least 480 websites are currently dedicated to actively spread misinformation about […]More »
CROI 2019: Will the "Düsseldorf patient" make three -- further propelling cure research?
With promise to "eliminate the HIV epidemic," and "defeat AIDS in America and beyond," administration raises questions about policies
PEPFAR partners reveal HIV prevention service cuts from expanded "Mexico City Policy," as organizations endorse act to end its restrictions
As Ebola vaccinations begin in South Sudan, DRC officials highlight challenges, perceptions
Senate extends PEPFAR, while funding remains a question
Live Blog Archive
- 48th Union World Conference on Lung Health
- 9th International AIDS Society Conference on HIV Science
- 2017 Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Seattle
- 65th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, Atlanta
- 47th Union World Conference on Lung Health, Liverpool, England
- IDWeek Meeting, New Orleans
- HIV Research for Prevention Conference, Chicago
- International AIDS Conference, Durban, South Africa
- United Nations High Level Meeting on HIV/AIDS, New York
- 23rd Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Boston
- 46th Union World Conference on Lung Health, Capetown, South Africa
- IDWeek Meeting, San Diego
- International AIDS Conference, Vancouver, Canada
- 22nd Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Seattle
- 45th Union World Conference on Lung Health, Barcelona, Spain
- HIV Research for Prevention Conference, Cape Town, South Africa
- IDWeek 2014, Philadelphia
- 20th International AIDS Conference, Melbourne, Australia
- 21st Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Boston
- AIDS Vaccine Conference 2013, Barcelona
- IDWeek 2013, San Francisco
- 20th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections
- IDWeek 2012
- 19th Annual International AIDS Conference held in Washington, DC.
- 2nd International Treatment as Prevention Workshop, Vancouver
- The 19th annual Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Seattle.
- The 60th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene.
- The 42nd Union World Conference on Lung Health, Lille, France.
- The Infectious Diseases Society of America's 49th Annual Meeting.
- The 6th International AIDS Society Conference on HIV Pathogenesis, Treatment and Prevention, Rome.
- Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Boston.
- 41st Union World Conference on Lung Health, Berlin, Germany.
- IDSA Annual Meeting, Vancouver
- The 18th International AIDS Conference, Vienna.
- Center for Global Health Policy and GHC Briefing on HIV/TB Coinfection, Washington, DC
- Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, San Francisco
- Consortium of Universities for Global Health Annual Meeting, Washington D.C.
- 2009 International AIDS Conference, Cape Town
- Pacific Health Summit, Seattle, Washington.
- HIV/AIDS Implementers Conference, Windhoek, Namibia.
Click above for a video on our Congressional study tour to Africa, and click here to read more.
Dr. Manasseh Phiri was working at the Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia when I met him 10 years ago, although his days as a […]
In sub-Saharan Africa where the odds of dying within a year of starting treatment for HIV can still hover close to one-in-10, diagnosing and treating TB […]
A randomized, multi-country clinical trial testing a regimen for treating drug-resistant tuberculosis in less than a year against the up to two-year regimen recommended by the […]
The following is a guest post by Heather B. Davis, MPH, and Emily A. Bobrow, PhD, MPH, of MEASURE Evaluation Who has a strategic interest in […]