The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the leading funder of AIDS research, issued long-awaited funding announcements to create leadership groups for clinical research networks in HIV that will also address tuberculosis (TB) and hepatitis—leading co-morbidities in persons with HIV infection.
Requests for applications have been released for the following clinical research networks:
- HIV and HIV-Associated Infections in Pediatric and Maternal Populations
- Integrated Strategies to Prevent HIV Infection
- Microbicides to Prevent HIV infection
- Therapeutics for HIV/AIDS and HIV-Associated Infections in Adults
- Vaccines to Prevent HIV infection
More information and links to the specific announcements can be found here: